Monday, December 12, 2011

He understands

 I love the scriptures that say how God heard the cries for mercy and for help. In the Psalms it talks about accusing tongues and I can definitely relate to that. I mean, I would imagine we all can. How many times in a day am I mis-understood? How many times in a day am I having to explain myself and still I feel I was not accurately understood. The motives of people are a constant diagnosis, if you will. It always changes and it is never consistent. Recently, Jesus has been so good at reminding me that he hears me. He understands me. He sees my heart. He knows what I mean, he gets it! How refreshing to have Jesus on my side. To recognize he sees what is truly going on within me and gently corrects me when needed. To put it in perspective, ever since he died on the cross, I am seen as righteous because he is my defender. So not only does he understand me, see my motives, and redirect me when needed, but he also defends me!
This being the case, why do I feel more times than not that I must defend myself and explain myself to those others who have the same trouble in their own lives?
Maybe that is a silly question, but it is just what I have been thinking about. There are days when I mess up. I am trying really hard to do the best I can, but somwhere in there miscommunication happens, and I mess up. In those times, I have been convicted at how quickly I want to defend myself although I could just admit, woops, I messed up! Yet, there is something within me that wants to say WAIT, I can explain! In complete transparency, I would also have to admit in those times, it is usually an excuse and/or a time when I shift the blame. Yep, that would be me, Eve. :(
I guess it really all goes back to the beginning. Since brokenness happened in our intimacy with God, a need to explain ourselves, defend ourselves, and blame others has been an epidemic.
But GOOD NEWS....
this does not have to be the end of my story. Yes I am going to bring up the cross and Jesus, but mostly I recognize the choice I have each day now that I am reunited to Jesus, to humble myself.
To admit failure, mistake, or whatever it be, EVEN if I can rightly blame another.
WHy? well, I guess it's because at the end of the day, I stand before God and... he understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment